Bhagavad Gita by Swami Mukundananda PDF: In this post, we will provide the Bhagavad Gita by Swami Mukundananda which was originally compiled by Ved Vyas as a separate text. So you can downloadit in the English language. This book was published by Westland. Stay tuned to this post and let’s enjoy it.
For any Science to be useful, it must address two aspects-theory and practices. Even the best theoretical knowledge is insufficient in itself to solve the problems of life. And if knowledge is not put into practice, it only serves the purpose of intellectual entertainment.
The Bhagavad Gita is not content with providing a lofty philosophical understanding; it also describes clear-cut techniques to implement its spiritual precepts for everyday life. These techniques of applying the science of spirituality in our lives are termed Yog’. Hence, the Bhagavad Gita is also called Yog Shastra, meaning, “the scripture that teaches the practice of Yog.
Bhagavad Gita by Swami Mukundananda PDF
The Bhagavad Gita provides a comprehensive and easy-to-understand summary of the Vedic philosophy. Bhagavad means ‘of God’, and Gita means ‘song’. Hence, the Bhagavad Gita literally means Song of God’. It is a dialogue that took place between the Supreme Lord Shree Krishna and His devotee Arjun, on the verge of the Mahabharat war.
In the course of history, hundreds of theories in economics, psychology, sociology, philosophy, and many other subjects were first propounded and then discarded as inaccurate or incomplete. These were all the products of ascending knowledge, and consequently, imperfect and subject to error.
If the Bhagavad Gita had also been the creation of a mortal and finite intellect, with the passage of fifty centuries, it would have become outdated and irrelevant. However, the perennial wisdom of the Gita has continued to inspire famous thinkers even in modern times, such as Mahatma Gandhi, Robert Oppenheimer, Carl Jung, Herman Hesse, and Aldous Huxley, to name just a few, thereby substantiating its divine origin.
The Bhagavad Gita was originally compiled by Ved Vyas as a separate text. Later, when he wrote the Mahabharat, he embedded the Bhagavad Gita in it. The Mahabharat contains one hundred thousand verses, and is, therefore, the largest poem in the world. It is seven times bigger than the Iliad and Odyssey put together and three times bigger than the Bible.
Along with the Ramayan, it is accorded the status of ltihās, meaning, the historical manuscript of India. Its stories and moral instructions have fashioned the fabric of Indian culture for thousands of years. The Mahabharat is divided into eighteen sections. The Bhagavad Gita is set in the sixth section which is called the Bheeshma Parva.
It covers eighteen chapters of the section, from chapter twenty-five to chapter forty-two. Since the Bhagavad Gita encapsulates most of the important aspects of the knowledge of the Vedas, it is also called Gitopanishad or the Gitā Upanişhad. It serves two important purposes as described below
18 chapters of the book
- Arjun Vishād Yog Lamenting the Consequences of War
- Sănkhya Yog The Yog of Analytical Knowledge
- Karm Yog The Yog of Action
- Jnana Karm Sanyas Yog The Yog of Knowledge and the Disciplines of Action
- Karm Sanyas Yog The Yog of Renunciation
- Dhyän Yog The Yog of Meditation
- Jnana Vijñāna Yog Yog through the Realisation of Divine Knowledge
- Akshar Brahma Yog The Yog of the Eternal God
- Raja Vidyā Yog Yog through the King of Sciences
- Vibhūti Yog Yog through Appreciating the Infinite Opulence of God
- Viśhwaroop Darshan Yog Yog through Beholding the Cosmic Form of God
- Bhakti Yog The Yog of Devotion
- Kshetra Kşhetrajña Vibhāg Yog Yog through Distinguishing the Field and the Knower of the Field
- Guna Traya Vibhāg Yog Yog through Understanding the Three Modes of Material Nature
- Puruşhottam YogThe Yog of the Supreme Divine Personality
- Daivaāsura Sampad Vibhāg Yog Yog through Discerning the Divine and Demoniac Natures
- Śhraddhā Traya Vibhāg Yog Yog through Discerning the Three Divisions of Faith
- Moksha Sanyas Yog Yog through the Perfection of Renunciation and Surrender
About Swami Mukundananda Bhagavad Gita PDF
|Religion & Spirituality
|27 December 2021
SWAMI MUKUNDANANDA is an erudite scholar of the ancient Vedic scriptures and a world-renowned teacher of spirituality. Swamiji grew up in India and earned his degrees from the prestigious IIT-D and IIM-C. Responding to the call of God, he renounced a promising corporate career to accept monkhood. He studied the sacred texts at the feet of Jagadguru Shree Kripaluji Maharaj, the original Jagadguru in history.
- Dharmayoddha Kalki Book PDF Free Download
- Narasimha Book PDF Free Download
- Karma Book by Sadhguru PDF Free Download
- The Science of Mind Management PDF Free Download
Disclaimer: Sbhilyrics.com provides links to download essential books only to help poor students that are already available on the internet. We do not own any pdf available on our website, nor have we created and scanned them. If we violate any laws and rules, you can contact us through our official email address. Email: [email protected]